Novel Coronavirus: India records 54,000 fresh cases; 685,000 killed globally
Novel Coronavirus: As the world health watchdog, WHO, said there is no end in sight to COVID crisis, and its impact will last for ‘decades to come, India ‘s COVID-19 tally crossed the 17.50 lakh mark on Sunday, just two days after it went past 16 lakh, with 54,735 cases being reported in a day, while the recoveries crossed the 11-lakh mark, according to the Union Health Ministry data. The pandemic has infected 17.84 million and killed 685,000 people globally, according to Johns Hopkins University global; tracker this morning here.
“On the initial symptoms of corona, I got the test done and the report came back positive. My health is fine, but I am being admitted to the hospital on the advice of doctors. I request that all of you who have come in contact with me in the last few days, please isolate yourself and get your inquiry done.”, Union Home minister Amit Shah has tweeted.
In India’s Uttar Pradesh, a lawmaker and minister Kamal Rani Varun, who had earlier tested positive for the novel coronavirus, died due to the infection in Lucknow this morning. She was 62. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has condoled the death. she was admitted at the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences. Kamal Rani Varun served as Minister of Technical Education in the Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government and She was also once a member of the Lok Sabha.
India now has 17,50,723 infections of the deadly virus which has affected more than 17.5 million people globally. With 823 COVID-19 deaths in the last 24 hours, the number of deaths count has climbed to 37,364, the government said.
More than 11.45 lakh patients have recovered; the recovery rate stood at 65.43 percent this morning. India has tested a total of 1,98,21,831 samples so far. The positivity rate – the percentage of patients who have tested positive for coronavirus – stood at 11.81 percent.
After extensive consultation with States and UTs, it has been decided that schools, colleges, and coaching institutions will remain closed till August 31, 2020. International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further opening-up will take place in a calibrated, the government said today while announcing unlocking three.
To curb the spread of the pandemic in the Indian state, the West Bengal government today has extended the biweekly lockdown till August 31. There will be a complete shutdown across the state for two days every week. “We are extending the two-day lockdown every week in the state, which was in force till July 31, till August 31,” West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee announced to days ago..
In Maharashtra, 9601 fresh cases were reported during the last 24 hours to push the case tally to.431,719 and its death toll has mounted to 15,316 deaths including 322 deaths in the last 24 hours. Novel coronavirus/Novel coronavirus
In the southern state of Tamil Nadu, the tally rose to 251,738 with 5879 fresh cases, and the death toll surged past 4034 with 99 deaths in the last 24 hours. Tamil Nadu State has extended lockdown till August 31 but eases curbs.
After TN, Andhra Pradesh is now the worst affected with 150,209 cases and 1407 deaths including 48 in the last 24 hours. it reported about 10,000 cases in the last 24 hrs.
The national capital showed a successful model with its caseload of 1,36,716 and the death toll of 3869. As many as 1118 cases were reported with 26 deaths in the last 24 hours.
In Australia, Stage 4 restrictions for Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions for regional Victoria were announced today. The Victorian Government has announced a number of changes to restrictions for Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Melbourne: For Melbourne, new restrictions will take effect from 6 pm today (Sunday 2 August). A curfew will be in place from 8 pm this evening. Curfews will be in operation from 8 pm to 5 am every evening. People are only allowed to leave their house for work and essential health, care or safety reasons.
Tokyo confirmed an additional 292 coronavirus infections on Sunday, a metropolitan government official said. The number was down from the record figure of 472 marked Saturday. The national cumulative total of infections stood at 38,571 on Saturday, including about 700 from the Diamond Princess cruise ship that was quarantined in Yokohama in February. The death toll stood at 1,026, the Kyodo news agency report says.
Iran’s Health Ministry spokeswoman Sima Sadat Lari said on Sunday that the World Health Organization commended Iran’s procedure for everyday reporting COVID-19 contractions, medical treatments, and fatalities.
Lari said on Saturday that some 216 more Iranians have died from coronavirus disease (COVID-19) over the past 24 hours bringing the total deaths to 16,982. Some 4,011 other COVID-19 patients are in critical condition and being treated in intensive care units, the spokeswoman said. She added that 2,482,553 tests have so far been carried out in Iran. according to IRNA.
The Americas remains the epicenter by region, with more than 8.7 million cases, followed by Europe (3.2 million), South-East Asia (1.8 million), Eastern Mediterranean (1.5 million), Africa (712,920) and Western Pacific (291,993).
In Brazil, the cases have mounted to 2,707,877 including on an average 40,000 new cases every day for the last week. Its death toll surged past 93,567 so far Brazil’s Trade Union Network UniSaude filed a complaint in the International Criminal Court (ICC) against President Jair Bolsonaro for crimes against humanity and genocide during the COVID-19 crisis.
In Germany, authorities have wondered about the re-emerging trends and asked people to follow strictly social distancing norms as the country reported 211,005 cases and 9154 deaths. A huge rally was taken out in Berlin yesterday against the pandemic lockdown. (Novel Coronavirus)
In Mexico, the death toll has surpassed 47,000 with a caseload of 434,193.
Expressing “appreciation for WHO and partners’ COVID-19 pandemic response efforts”, the emergency committee convened by the UN health agency’s chief, made it clear that there is not yet an end in sight to the public health crisis that has so far infected more than 17 million and killed over 650,000 people.
The committee convened by Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization, under the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR), held its fourth meeting on 31 July.
In its statement following the meeting, published on Saturday, it highlighted the “anticipated lengthy duration” of the pandemic, noting “the importance of sustained community, national, regional, and global response efforts.”
After a full discussion and review of the evidence, the Committee “unanimously agreed” the outbreak still constitutes a public health emergency of international concern (PHEIC). Tedros accepted the advice of the Committee.
The Director-General declared a PHEIC – WHO’s the highest level of alarm – on 30 January, at a time when there were fewer than 100 cases in total and no deaths outside China.
‘Once-in-a-century health crisis’
“The pandemic is a once-in-a-century health crisis, the effects of which will be felt for decades to come”, Tedros told the Committee in his opening remarks on Friday.
“Many countries that believed they were past the worst are now grappling with new outbreaks. Some that were less affected in the earliest weeks are now seeing escalating numbers of cases and deaths. And some that had large outbreaks have brought them under control.”
The Committee made a range of recommendations to both WHO and the Member States.
It advised the agency to continue to mobilize global and regional multilateral organizations and partners for COVID-19 preparedness and response and to support the Member States in maintaining health services, while also accelerating the research and eventual access to diagnostics, therapeutics, and vaccines.
It advised countries to support these research efforts, including through funding, and to join in efforts to allow equitable allocation of diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines by engaging in the Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator, an unprecedented global collaboration between countries, philanthropists and business.
The committee also advised countries to strengthen public health policies to identify causes, and improve speedy contact tracing, “including in low-resource, vulnerable, or high-risk settings and to maintain essential health services with sufficient funding, supplies, and human resources.”
Countries were also advised the committee to implement proportionate measures and advice on travel, based on risk assessments, and to review these measures regularly.
Novel coronavirus: India reported a record surge this morning in coronavirus cases with 54,735 fresh infections in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of cases to 17,50,723.
The worst Hit United States’ trauma is also far from over as the country clocked 46, 20,444 cases, and 154,447 deaths. It reported 61,262 new cases and 1051 deaths till Saturday evening.
In India, There were 853 COVID-19 related deaths in the last 24 hours, the Union Health Ministry said.
The total fatalities due to the virus now stand at 37,364 which is higher than Itlay’and Spain’s, Both the countries were among the worst-hit nations a month ago. Russian Federation has so far reported only 14034 deaths with a caseload of 838,461.
India’s tally had crossed the 17,50,723 just three days after crossing the 15 lakh infections. About eleven lakh and 45,000 patients have recovered too.
The novel coronavirus is racing at a high speed fast as nations braced up afresh to meet the growing challenges being posed by the virus on the economy and public health several countries like Australia, Brazil, India, United States, Mexico, Iran, etc.
South Africa has rep[orted more than half a million cases with 8100 deaths. Vietnam has seen its first death.
In the worst-hit US, Debates for reopening have gathered momentum as the US President Donald Trump has favored reopening of schools and states, Bur experts appear not in favor in the wake of over 4.5 million caseloads.
WHO has said although older people are among those at highest risk of COVID-19, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has reminded younger generations that they are “not invincible” when it comes to the disease. Evidence suggests that the spike in cases in some countries is partly due to younger people “letting down their guard during the northern hemisphere summer”, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Thursday.
(Novel Coronavirus/Novel Coronavirus/Novel Coronavirus/Novel Coronavirus)
Please click the link below & support our initiative https://www.patreon.com/neerajbajpai
(NOTE: We seek your support—at a time when the news is under threat, we have opted for a different approach with hopes of your support. The purpose of launching newsabode.com is primarily aimed at ensuring the survival of true and unbiased journalism, based on facts and figures with total independence. We mainly depend on support from readers and concerned citizens to sustain our digital news platform)