InternationalNational
Trending

India:Chinese Army carried out provocative acts in Ladakh despite ongoing talk

India:Chinese Army carried out provocative acts on 29th, 30th and 31st August in Eastern Ladakh despite ongoing talks

September 01, 2020:India today said the Chinese Army carried out provocative acts on 29th, 30th and 31st August even as talks to defuse tensions went on.

 

 

In response to a media query on the recent developments in the India-China Border Areas, External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said India has taken up the matter of recent provocative and aggressive actions with the Chinese side through both diplomatic and military channels.

 

 

He said India has urged them to discipline and control their frontline troops from undertaking such provocative actions.

 

 

He said, “India and China have been closely engaged through diplomatic and military channels over the past three months to resolve the situation along the India-China border. It would also be recalled that earlier the two Foreign Ministers and the two Special Representatives had agreed that the situation should be handled in a responsible manner and either side should not take any provocative action or escalate matters and ensure peace and tranquility as per bilateral agreements and protocol.

 

 

The Chinese side, however, violated this understanding and engaged in provocative military maneuvers in the late night of 29th and on 30th August in an attempt to change the status quo in the South Bank area of Pangong Lake.

 

 

As stated yesterday by the Indian Army, the Indian side responded to these provocative actions and took appropriate defensive measures along the LAC in order to safeguard our interests and defend territorial integrity. Furthermore, yesterday on 31st August, even as the ground commanders of the two sides were in discussions to de-escalate the situation, the Chinese troops again engaged in provocative action. Due to the timely defensive action, the Indian side was able to prevent these attempts to unilaterally alter the status quo.

 

 

The actions and behavior of the Chinese side since earlier this year along the LAC have been in clear violation of the bilateral agreements and protocols concluded between the two countries to ensure peace and tranquility on the border. Such actions are also in complete disregard to the understandings reached between the two Foreign Ministers as also the Special Representatives.

 

We have taken up the matter of recent provocative and aggressive actions with the Chinese side through both diplomatic and military channels and have urged them to discipline and control their frontline troops from undertaking such provocative actions.

 

The Indian side is firmly committed to resolving all outstanding issues along the LAC in the Western Sector through peaceful dialogue. In this context, we expect the Chinese side to sincerely abide by the understanding reached earlier and earnestly work with India to resolve the situation and to restore peace and tranquility in the border areas.”

END

Please click the link below & support our initiative  newsabode.com

https://www.patreon.com/creator-home

(NOTE: We seek your support—At a time when the news is under threat, we have opted for a different approach with hopes of your support. The purpose of launching newsabode.com is primarily aimed at ensuring the survival of true and unbiased journalism, based on facts and figures with total independence. We mainly depend

Tags
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker