India records about 15,000 new coronavirus cases & 90 deaths in the last 24 hrs; More than 1.56 cr. vaccine doses administered
Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, and Karnataka continue to report a surge in the COVID new cases,accounting for 85.95% of the new cases reported in the past 24 hours even as the country recorded 14,989 new cases and 98 deaths in the same period, according to an official statement today.
Total 98 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours. Four States account for 88.78% of the new deaths.
Maharashtra has reported the highest daily new cases at 7,863. It is followed by Kerala with 2,938 while Punjab reported 729 new cases. Maharashtra alone accounted for a weekly increase of 16,012 cases, in terms of the number of cases. In percentage terms, Punjab reported a weekly increase of 71.5% (1,783 cases).
India’s total Active Caseload has reached 1,70,126 today. India’s present active caseload now stands at 1.53% of India’s total Positive Cases. More than 1.56 cr (1,56,20,749) vaccine doses have been administered through 3,12,188 sessions, as per the provisional report till 7 am today.
These include 67,42,187 HCWs (1st dose), 27,13,144 HCWs (2nd dose), 55,70,230 FLWs (1st dose) and 834 FLWs (2nd Dose), 71,896 beneficiaries aged more than 45 years with specific co-morbidities (1st Dose) and 5,22,458 beneficiaries aged more than 60 years.As of Day-46 of the vaccination drive (2nd March 2021), total of 7,68,730 vaccine doses was given. Out of these, 6,52,501 beneficiaries were vaccinated across 10,527 sessions for 1st dose (HCWs and FLWs) and 1,16,229 HCWs and FLWs received 2nd dose of the vaccine.More than 1.08 Cr (1,08,12,044) people has recovered so far. 13,123 patients have recovered and got discharged in the last 24 hours.86.58% of the new recovered cases are observed to be concentrated in 6 States.
Maharashtra has reported the maximum number of single day recoveries with 6,332 newly recovered cases. 3,512 people recovered in Kerala in the past 24 hours followed by 473 in Tamil Nadu. 98 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours. Four States account for 88.78% of the new deaths. Maharashtra saw the maximum casualties (54). Kerala follows with 16 daily deaths and Punjab reported 10 deaths in the last 24 hours. Twenty-Four States/UTs have not reported any COVID19 deaths in the last 24 hours.
COVID 19 Vaccination sessions not scheduled on Saturday and Sunday (27th & 28th Feb 2021) in wake of IT System Transition from Co-Win 1.0 to Co-Win 2.0
The COVID vaccination was launched on 16th January by the Honourable Prime Minister. The country-wide Vaccination exercise is being exponentially expanded to include those above 60 years of age and those above 45 years with co-morbidities, from 1st March 2021.
INPUTS FROM PIB FIELD OFFICES
- Kerala: As the second phase of the vaccination drive is progressing in the State by recording a good response, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan today received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from a government hospital in the state capital. After the vaccination, the Chief Minister appealed to all to take the vaccine. Three other Ministers including State Health Minister K.K.Shylaja too their first dose of vaccine yesterday. Shylaja had stated that the possibility of mass vaccination centres is also looked into. Authorities have meanwhile directed to complete the two rounds of vaccination for 3.8 lakh officials to be deployed for election duties by March 6. So far only half of the poll officials have received the vaccine. As the vaccine-makers claim that immunity against COVID-19 will develop only 14 days after a person takes the two doses in an interval of 28 days, many polling officers would be still uncovered or susceptible to the disease as they take up duties for the April 6 election in Kerala. However, doctors at the health department said that immunity starts developing after the first dose itself.
- Tamil Nadu: State Health Department has requested the Election Commission to form special teams to monitor the spread of Covid in election campaign meets. The Central Council of Indian Medicine and Ministry of Ayush have presented the ‘Ayush Excellence award’ to Siddha practitioner Baskar for his outstanding contribution towards COVID-19 management in Tamil Nadu Following rise in Covid cases, the number of testing centers have been increased in the border areas of Tamil Nadu. Also, the government has issued new guidelines, which say those coming from Kerala and Maharashtra would be quarantined. Meanwhile, those above 60 have been asked to register their names for vaccination.
- Karnataka: As of date, Karnataka recorded 9,52,037 total cases, 12343 deaths, 5945 active cases and 9,33,730 discharges.
- Andhra Pradesh: Andhra Pradesh has reported 106 new COVID-19 infections in the 24 hours ending Tuesday morning. For the fourth consecutive day, no death was reported and the toll stands at 7,169. The tally increased to 8,90,080 and the number of recoveries stands at 8,82,137. For the first time in months, the number of active cases gradually increased during the past week as the number of daily new infections over-passed the number of daily recoveries. As of Tuesday morning, there were 774 active cases in the State. In the past week, 671 new infections were reported, and only 471 patients recovered. The overall recovery rate slightly decreased to 99.11 percent and the death rate remains at 0.81 percent. The number of samples tested so far crossed the 1.4-crore mark and reached 1,40,10,123 with a positivity rate of 6.35 percent. The last 10 lakh samples were tested in 34 days and their positivity rate was 0.25 percent. With the latest rise in the cases, the officials have geared up again to arrest the further spread of the virus.
- Telangana: As part of the nation-wide drive, the second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination drive for priority age groups in Telangana commenced on Monday with inoculation of 4,558 individuals above 60 years and those aged between 45 and 59 with co-morbid conditions at 93 identified Covid Vaccination Centres in government and private hospitals. State Health Minister EatalaRajender was inoculated at the Area Hospital in Huzurabad of Karimnagar district on the first day. A 100-year-old person Jaidev Chowdhary got vaccinated in a private hospital in Hyderabad. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri G.Kishan Reddy took the vaccine at Gandhi Hospital on Tuesday. The number of Govt and private health facilities across the state increased to 135 and a total of 13,081 elderly and persons with co-morbidities were inoculated till yesterday evening. Apart from this, a total of 1,98,628 health care workers and 97,822 frontline workers received the first dose. And, a total of 1,49,623 health care workers and 16 (Sixteen) front-line workers have inoculated the second dose. Thus, the cumulative number of vaccinations in the state stands at 4,59,170. The doctors, health care workers, and sanitation staff of Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad, which served as the MAIN COVID HOSPITAL in the state during the pandemic, were felicitated by the State Health Minister yesterday to mark the completion of one year of treating the first Covid patient in the state.
- Maharashtra: 29 private hospitals in Mumbai have been given permission to carry out COVID vaccination. The decision was taken to increase the speed of the vaccination drive as long queues were seen outside the designated vaccination centers in Mumbai and the number of beneficiaries had to wait long to get the dose of the Covid-19 vaccine yesterday.
New Cases – 7,863
Recoveries – 6,332
Deaths – 54
Active Cases – 79,093
Total Cases till date – 21,69,330
Total Recoveries till date – 20,36,790
Total Deaths till date – 52,238
- Gujarat: No COVID-related deaths occurred on Tuesday in Gujarat. While 9,41,602 people in the state have received the first dose of the vaccine till date, more than 1.97 lakh have also received the second dose so far. Further, 56,489 people aged above 60 years have also been vaccinated to date.
New Cases – 454
Active Cases – 2522
Recoveries on Tuesday- 361
- Rajasthan: State has recorded 102 new cases on Tuesday. Number of positive cases reported in the state so far is 3,20,557. More than 3.16 lakh people have recovered already.
New Cases – 102
Total positive cases – 3,20,557
Total recoveries- 3,16,430
Total deaths – 2787
- Madhya Pradesh: 259 COVID-19 patients recovered on Tuesday, taking the state’s overall recovery count to 2,55,595. The state reported a total of 331 new positive cases and no death yesterday. No new infection case was recorded in 15 out of the total 52 districts in the state during the day.
New Cases – 331
Recovered patients- 259
Active cases- 2973
Total positive cases- 2,62,433
Total recovered patients- 2,55,595
Total Deaths –3865
Total number of people tested-
- Chhattisgarh: State has recorded 216 new cases on Tuesday. Number of positive cases reported in the state so far is 3,13,032. More than 3.06 lakh people have recovered already.
New Cases – 216
Recovered patients – 19
Active Cases- 2,836
Total recovered patients- 3,06,352
Total Deaths – 3844
Total positive cases- 3,13,032
- Goa: There were 62 recoveries yesterday taking the total recoveries to 53,695. The recovery rate in the state is at 97.49%.
Active Cases – 582
Total recovered patients- 53,695
Total deaths- 796
Total positive cases- 55,073
- Assam: In Assam, 15 new COVID-19 cases detected and 14 patients discharged on Tuesday. Total cases rise to 217585, total discharged 214860, and total death 1093. Active cases 285.
- Manipur: In Manipur, 8 new COVID-19 cases detected on Tuesday. Total cases rise to 29,282 and total discharged 28,876.
Please click the link below & support our initiative newsabode.com
(NOTE: We seek your support—At a time when the news is under threat, we have opted for a different approach with hopes of your support. The purpose of launching newsabode.com is primarily aimed at ensuring the survival of true independent Journalism. We bring news to you from across the world. To support truly independent journalism, please consider making a contribution to newsabode.com or taking a subscription)
We provide a link to another option to back up the initiative —https://mail.google.com/mail/u/