InternationalNationalScience/Medical
Trending

8 Month old baby swallows sharp-edged Pendant & Gasped for life; What Happened Next in Meerut?

By Neeraj Bajpai

8 Month old baby swallows sharp-edged Pendant & Gasped for life; What Happened Next in Meerut?
8-Month-old baby swallows sharp-edged Pendant & Gasped for life; What Happened Next in Meerut?
For This doctor in Meerut, A lifetime experience was when he recently saved an eight-month child who had ingested a forked pendant and was gasping for life. The Child is saved but it drove him to share the experience on his social media to warn parents: “Watch out! What is your baby playing with? There should not be any small objects within the reach of your child which he/she can put in the mouth”. Most of the time you have no clue what happened and the child lands up in some serious accident: Dr Anuj Rastogi(Taara Kids Growth Clinic).
He is the Neonatal-Pediatrician at Jaswant Rai Speciality Hospital, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India and his posts with Xrays read: “An 8-month-old baby was playing with a pendant and accidentally put it in his mouth. He ingested the locket and that got stuck in his throat. He choked!.
His parents rushed him to my OPD. Xray was immediately done. A sharp-edged pendant could be seen in the neck area. Without a moment’s delay, I conducted an Endoscopy to get the locket out. During the procedure, the most challenging part was removing the locket without internal injury.
When I grasped the locket, I could not move it at all. It was stuck up there, and would easily tear the food pipe if we applied the slightest force.
Even when I was scared to take the next step and could have given up had I been alone, my colleague and legend in himself, our anesthesiologist, Dr Gagandeep Singh Bajaj, changed his strategy for anaesthesia and encouraged me to try again. It was his experience and spirits that brought back my courage.
I gathered myself, chanted all mantras I knew of, and gave it the best try – and we finally could pull it out. The child was safe! It was a success that could have never be possible without Dr Gagandeep’s able support. I am highly thankful to Dr J. Jamal Zaidi for showing confidence in our team.

Lesson Learnt: –

“Watch out! What is your baby playing with? There should not be any small objects within the reach of your child which he/she can put in the mouth”. Most of the time you have no clue what happened and the child lands up in some serious accident. Dr Anuj Rastogi,

 

8 Month old baby/8 Month old baby /8 Month old baby

ENDS

Please click the link below & support our initiative newsabode.comhttps://www.patreon.com/neerajbajpai(NOTE: We seek your support—At a time when the news is under threat, we have opted for a different approach with hopes of your support. The purpose of launching newsabode.com is primarily aimed at ensuring the survival of true independent Journalism. We bring news to you from across the world. To support truly independent journalism, please consider making a contribution to newsabode.com or taking a subscription)We provide a link to another option to back up the initiative —News abode. advt. request.jpg

 

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker